Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Country Hatin'

Last week, my good friend Mike was walking out to his garage, only to see that the neighbor’s dog ransacked his trash, thus leaving a mess of giblets and used tampons all over his driveway. Deeply enraged, he decided to avenge this neighbor for not keeping his dog in his yard.

From previous interactions with his redneck neighbor, Mike discovered that his neighbor works for a local public school, with the grounds crew. While this fact alone is nothing special, he was disturbed to see he was bringing the school’s equipment home to landscape his home. As a taxpayer of this district, he was really upset his neighbor was grossly abusing his position.

The trash in the driveway was the catalyst needed for Mike to drop the dime. The phone call to the school went a little like this:

“Hello, I was wondering when I can schedule an appointment to use the schools equipment.”
“…Um, I don’t understand, you want to use our equipment?”
“Yea, you guys have equipment to mow lawns don’t you?”
“Well yea, but we only use that for our school grounds…”
“Oh, well I’m pretty sure my neighbor is using your school equipment to mow his lawn, and I would like to know when I can use it.”
“Well, were not supposed to…”
“Well he is, so I guess if I can’t use it we need to do something about him using it…”


Yes, my friend called into the school and called him out for his abuse of the schools equipment. I’m not sure of his ultimate intention, but I would think if he gets fired from his job, he wont have any money… and if he doesn't have any money, he will have to sell his house.

Bad neighbor problem….. Solved.

No comments: