Saturday, October 4, 2008

Standing in the 10 item or less line at Target.

Here I sit, in line at target. I have some hi liters for school and some treats for the dog. Some lady is in front of me, with about 40 items. Normally that in itself would piss me off, but this was a special occasion. After about the fifth item, she would ask "how much does this cost" as she gave it to the cashier. "12.99," she would say... "I dont want that," the customer would retort. This went on for about five minutes. I wanted to pull up a chair.

The worst part was the eight-year-old kid who saw all of his school clothes go by the wayside because his deadbeat parents broke the bank by buying the blue-ray version of 'Soul Plane'.

The moment of redemption-- The cashier, literally said hold on, walked to a different checkout counter, turned on the light, and checked me out, and then went back to this person. I think deep down inside she wanted to beat that woman with a Toblerone bar.

This is why I vote Republican.

No comments: